I did that tumblr wish up on a star thing, and no, it didn’t come true. Not yet anyway.
But my horoscope yesterday was dead on. I didn’t read it until today. Maybe it only works if you don’t know what’s coming?
If you care about something enough, it’s going to make you cry. But you have to use it. Use your tears. Use your pain. Use your fear. Get mad.
I reblog this every time it comes up on my dashboard, not because it is a “rule” but because every time I see it the love and sincerity on her face hit me all over again and I think everyone deserves to see that.
And THIS is why I adore Catherine Tate. She’s loud and brash but in quieter moments… her soul comes shining through and it makes everything about her so much more beautiful.
Carey Mulligan for Vogue May 2013
1. There will be several days that you daydream about stepping in front of a city bus. Don’t. It will not be beautiful. It will not be brave. It will be selfish. It will be broken. Your mother will cry.
2. Don’t write for him. Write for you. Write for others like you. Write so the girl that thinks about stepping in front of public transportation doesn’t. Don’t be selfish.
3. When you will yourself to sleep and it doesn’t come- get up. It doesn’t matter that it’s 3 am. There will be other 3 am’s. Take a shower. Take two. Wash him out of your hair. Write a poem. Read the same book you’ve read 202 times again. The 203rd time might tell you something different. Don’t stay in bed- you will think about the bus again.
4. Don’t kiss him because he’s broken. Don’t kiss him because his laughter never reaches his eyes. Don’t try and fix him. Fix yourself first. Be selfish. He can’t save you.
5. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
6. Dress up and wear red lipstick and get drunk with your friends. They’re the ones that will pick you up. Don’t kiss him. Or him. Don’t fall asleep on strange couches with strange boys. When his hand slides up your dress walk away. Hit him. Don’t kiss him. He can’t save you.
7. Get another tattoo. Get five more. Get another hole in your ear. Don’t listen to your dad. You will still be able to get a job. Did you really want to be employed by someone like your father? Haven’t you had enough of judgmental old white men anyway? Get fuck you tattooed in tiny letters on your hip.
8. When you feel the yearning for a new city- start over. Take 200 bucks and a three suitcases. Work anywhere that will have you. Meet strange people and forget your name. Call yourself Ruby. No one will know the difference. Remember to call your mother. Don’t be selfish. Come home when you find yourself in the strangers and the small one bedroom apartment.
9. Don’t whisper evil things into your own ear. Other people are going to shout them at you. Be your own hero. Keep a sword on your key ring.
10. Don’t step in front of a city bus. It will not be beautiful. Live. Stay up all night with a boy that promises you everything and means it. Live. See shitty local bands with a friend. Wear a different band’s t-shirt. No one will care. Live. Have a baby girl with tiny fingers and tiny toes someday. Pour love into her until it’s overflowing. Live. Wake up. Staying in bed all day is not poetic.
Do you hear that? It’s me. It’s your life. Wake up.
reblog and make a wish
this is my second time reblogging and my first wish came true so
i have to
i did this a few days ago and it also came true, i was freaked out like fuck
here goes nothing
well lets see
i remember a few months ago, wishing that my crush would like me back on this post
and now he’s my bf
..WISHING AGAIN. YAY
Not going to lie, I made a wish when I reblogged this this morning, and my wish came true an hour ago.
I’M SCREAMING I FORGET WHAT I WISHED FOR WHEN I ORIGINALLY SAW THIS AWHILE AGO BUT I THINK I WISHED FOR 1/5 AND I GOT THAT??? HOLY R234RWEDFSCSDGDFSF
whATS LIFE OMG THE NOTES
i made a wish the other day and it came true no joke
wishing again <3
Codex Seraphinianus, 1976-1978
‘The Codex Seraphinianus is a book written and illustrated by Italian artist, architect and industrial designer Luigi Serafini, from 1976 to 1978. The book appears to be a visual encyclopedia of an unknown world, written in one of its languages, an alphabetic writing intended to be meaningless.’
i’ve been looking for this. this means everything to me, i wish this world was real.
wow wow wow wow!!!!!
Kolomenskoye photoset part 2. Alexey Mikhailovich’s Castle.
Сostume inspired by the oprichnina times.
photo by snowmice, makeup by Эля Саярова (Elya Sayarova)
anteater riding anteater
Figaro Illustre (1896).
“The Little Mermaid” by Ileana Surducan